The Doctor is IN

Tad had a rough start to his weekend.

Friday, I had a dental appointment (lucky me), so I left Ane and Tad with Grandma and Gichan for the morning. When I came back (clean and cavity-free, thank you very much), I noticed how quiet the house was.

Too, too quiet.

I found Tad sacked out on the couch, with Ane stroking his head. The living room was perfectly clean. “What happened here?” I asked.

Grandma told me that Tad had climbed up on Gichan’s lap and fallen asleep, but awoke when he was moved to the couch. And that he felt feverish.

After giving him some Tylenol, we went home. Tad continued to sleep and went straight down for a nap when we arrived. He woke up, drank some apple juice, and then threw up when he tried to chew down some more Tylenol.

There went our dinner plans.

So, we stayed home, keeping a close eye on him and making sure he was taking in meds and liquids. We put him to bed with a dose of ibuprofen, but he woke up at 2:30 am, absolutely burning up. Another dose of Tylenol, and we put him back to bed. Thankfully, when he woke up Saturday morning, his fever had broken. And he never threw up again, so we’re chalking up the vomiting to him gagging on the chewable Tylenol.

However, while he was feeling so down and out on Friday, the family doctor was available for house calls.

Tad appreciated the TLC that Doctor Ane was able to give him.

And he REALLY appreciated the fact that Mommy let him watch Cars while he was sick. Mommy knows how to make her boy feel better. And I’m very relieved that he’s back to his normal self.

2 Responses to “The Doctor is IN”

  1. Ressis
    May 27th, 2008 07:48

    I’m glad Tad is feeling better, but Dr. Ane looks like she enjoyed her brother’s misery a little too much.

  2. Deanna’s Corner » Blog Archive » The green-eyed monster
    May 30th, 2008 00:49

    […] been getting. She has made that quite clear in the last few weeks – right down to pouting that her brother was sick, and wishing that SHE was sick so SHE could get all the […]